My Tea Party

My Tea Party
No Tea Party Is Complete Without a Vase Of Peonies Looking On....

Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Baobab

This is my Needle Felted Baobab Tree.
He was my very first felt item I purchased.
I refer to it as a 'He' as I think he really looks like a He. lol
He was created by an amazing artist who lives in Poland by the name of Bea.
She has a shop on ETSY.com called FforFelt.
Her Alice in Wonderland series is so worth a look.
Bea had just started selling her quirky felt art on etsy and I was her very first customer.
Isn't that just so special? I'm so honored to have this in my collection as the Boabab Trees home and heritage is Australia.


The baobab was among the first trees to appear on the land. 
Next came the slender, graceful palm tree. 
When the baobab saw the palm tree, it cried out that it wanted to be taller. 
Then the beautiful flame tree appeared with its red flower and the baobab was envious for flower blossoms. 
When the baobab saw the magnificent fig tree, it prayed for fruit as well.
The gods became angry with the tree and pulled it up by its roots, then replanted it upside down to keep it quiet...

...


And so here it stands - 9" high with branches extending 12" by 7,5". Handcrafted from top quality merino wool. A spacious hollow to keep your little secrets for the next few centuries or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment